Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Exercise 1. I have never been a member of a book club before. I don't think I am interested in joining one either. Even though I'm an avid reader, I've never been interested in discussing the books in a group setting. Speaking in front of other people, especially people that I don't know is not something that I've ever been comfortable with. If I HAD to pick one to join it would definately be an online book club for the anonymity factor.
Exercise 2. I don't really have an answer for this one. I guess it's because it's not something I'd ever be interested in doing. (joining OR starting a book club) But I did check out Library Thing and loved it!! I signed up too. Not for networking but just for a way to keep track of all the books I've read and get ideas from others on authors I haven't checked out before. We have patrons all the time who ask us if we have a record of the books that they've checked out in the past because they can't remember what they've read. Now I can tell them about Library Thing!
Exercise 3. I did my search on Library Thing and on GoodReads. The book I searched was Bag of Bones by Stephen King. (yes it's my all-time fave SK book) The reviews on both site were just about the same. The reviews for any SK book are always mixed. Nothing suprising there. You either love him or hate him. I obviously love him!
Exercise 2. I don't really have an answer for this one. I guess it's because it's not something I'd ever be interested in doing. (joining OR starting a book club) But I did check out Library Thing and loved it!! I signed up too. Not for networking but just for a way to keep track of all the books I've read and get ideas from others on authors I haven't checked out before. We have patrons all the time who ask us if we have a record of the books that they've checked out in the past because they can't remember what they've read. Now I can tell them about Library Thing!
Exercise 3. I did my search on Library Thing and on GoodReads. The book I searched was Bag of Bones by Stephen King. (yes it's my all-time fave SK book) The reviews on both site were just about the same. The reviews for any SK book are always mixed. Nothing suprising there. You either love him or hate him. I obviously love him!
Labels: #54 Social Networking Through Books