Friday, January 15, 2010

 
SEARCHING #75: GOOGLE AND BEYOND
1. I was surprised at the results of my Blindsearch test. In 2 out of the 3 searches I did, I chose Yahoo! Only once did I choose Google which has been my favorite search engine since it first came out. Even with the results of this test I am still going to use Google search exclusively. (I'm a creature of habit)
2.The top search engine according to HITWISE the week of my search was Google. (as it should be!) Actually Google was the number 1 site in 4 of the 7 categories.
3.I chose to explore Yahoo! search. I liked the fact that it has the "notes" option. You can make note of the sites that interest you and save them for later reference. Also it gives you a "local" connection for the topic of your search. Overall I liked Yahoo! search, but I'm still using Google search for my search engine. (please see note in item #1)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?